Monday, February 9, 2015

Sample Rubric


Marking Rubric
Criteria
Re-Do
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Level 4
 
 
A2.2 did you locate and select relevant information to your topic/investigation?
 
 
 
 
None/insufficient
 
 
I found some interesting things on Wikipedia and made the rest up
 
 
I mainly used Wikipedia and had some relevant information
 
I made good use of research sources and had a good amount of relevant info in my paper
I did a thorough job researching lots of reliable sources and including interesting and relevant info.
 
A4.3/4.4 did you clearly communicate the findings of your research and demonstrate an understanding of the research process?
 
 
 
 
None/insufficient
 
 
 
 
Maybe only a little bit
 
 
Some of my findings were clearly expressed, but it was mostly unclear
I did a pretty good job expressing my findings. Some of my details were randomly added in and a few main points were missing.
I did a thorough job of expressing my findings and I understand how to conduct useful research.
 
Did I spell-check and proof-read my work before submitting it?
 
 
Nope
 
I read over it, but there were still a lot of errors
 
I read over it and only had 3-5 mistakes.
I read over it, had a friend read over it, and we missed 1 or 2 mistakes.
 I had no spelling, grammar, or sentence structure errors.
 
B2.1 did you clearly describe the basic thinking of your chosen major philosophical tradition?
 
 
None/insufficient
 
 
I had 1 or 2 points, but I left a lot out
I got some of the main points and used a couple of quotes to back up what I was saying.
I got most of the main points and used a fair number of quotes to support my work.
I completely understood the main points and was able to clearly put them in my own words.
B2.2 did you clearly explain how your chosen philosopher contributed to our understanding of the Big Questions?
 
 
None/insufficient
 
 
Maybe only a little bit
 
I had some of his key contributions, but I was still missing a lot
I got most of his key contributions and explained a good deal of his ideas.
I understood his thinking so well that I could even consider being a follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment